The Salkantay Trek is a well known trekking in Cusco and is an extraordinary option in alternative to the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu. In the Salkantay Trail, you’ll have the option to see the absolute most excellent places in Cusco – Peru and see the snow covered Mountain, and furthermore go through Salkantay Pass, Salkantay elevation is 20,574 ft (6,271 m).
The Salkantay Trail is recorded as one of the 25 best treks on the planet by National Geographic Adventure Travel Magazine.
Where is Salkantay
The ‘Apu’ Salkantay is located in the Vilcanota Mountain Range in the southern Andes of Peru. This mountain is the second largest in Cusco, after Ausangate (Mountain of the 7 Colors).
Altitude or Elevation Salkantay Trail
The Salkantay trek is a high elevation climb that accompanies evident height infection dangers. The most elevated height that you will reach on this trek is simply over 4,600m (4,900m on the off chance that you do the Salkantay/Inca Trail Combo), which may be the most elevated height you have ever gone to outside of a plane.
The Salkantay snow-capped mountain reaches 6,271 meters above sea level (m.a.s.l.). The trekking route that leads to Machu Picchu has its highest point in the ‘Abra Salcantay’, at 4,650 meters above sea level. From there you can see the peak of the snow-capped mountain.
The Salkantay Pass or Salcantay Pass is located between the Humantay Mountain and the Salkantay Mountain at an altitude of 4630 meters above sea level. A very remarkable purpose of the well-known Salkantay ascent to Machu Picchu.
It is situated in the Cordillera Vilcabamba, in the area of Santa Teresa, territory of La Convención, Department of Cusco in Peru.
Exemplary separation on the Salkantay climb from the beginning to the open Salkantay is 30 km. Roughly, going through the regions of Mollepata, Soraypampa.
Why Salkantay Trail ?
- The Salkantay Trek is recorded as one of the 25 best treks on the planet by National Geographic Adventure Travel Magazine.
- The Salkantay Trek is unquestionably one of the absolute best trekking undertakings that you will discover in Peru and in the mainland of South America.
- After the Inca Trail, the Salkantay Trek is the second most mainstream trek to Machu Picchu (and significantly less swarmed).
- Climbing close by the glorious Apu Salkantay and landing at the remains of the lofty Machu Picchu is perhaps the best experience in the world.
- Trekkers can see characteristic extensions, snowcapped mountains, beautiful valleys, cascades, natural life, exceptional plants, and cloud timberland.
- Outdoors with less individuals permits you to control your own excursion and have the best perspectives on these inconceivable mountains!
Salkantay Trek Map
Best Salkantay Trek Company
They are one of the main Tour operators in Peru.
They are trusted for their professional, efficient and friendly services.
Because we focus on hiking.